This customer wanted to respond faster to market opportunities and supply disruptions by transforming end-to-end planning capabilities. Moreover, they required a scalable capability to postpone decisions on quantity, model, destination, price and flow that will reduce inventory risk by providing transparency and flexibility.
o9 Digital Brain for Fashion & Apparel
A global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality.
Efficient and timely raw material purchasing and utilization, resource efficiency, and reduction of waste across company and partner networks.
Business Scope Challenges
This company was facing challenges around rapid identification of actions between product lead times and market closure, in addition to missing alignment on planning and buying strategies.
With o9’s Enterprise Knowledge Graph and supplier collaboration capabilities, they will be digitally connected with customers and suppliers to ensure synchronized planning and decision-making.
With the volatility of fashion, this company is always facing optimization challenges regarding the timing and quantity of raw material purchases, dye lots, cutting, etc. to ensure customer demand is met.
o9’s supply chain solver is used to enable identification of the ideal postponement timing for actions, as well as collaborating with suppliers on those activities and calendar expectations. This increases the ability to more accurately meet customer demand.
E2E Visibility & Alignment
Between multiple brands, locations, distribution channels, and suppliers, it is difficult for the supply chain to communicate effectively and work in a low-touch digital environment that focuses on exception management.
With o9, the company can leverage o9’s collaboration tools and end-to-end Enterprise Knowledge Graph that will enable roles, geographies, and organizations to stay connected and efficient.
Key Functionalities Implemented
The Enterprise Knowledge Graph is used to implement supply planning and supplier collaboration, with the goal to optimize the decision-making calendar, connect seasonal planning through factory shipping, and to respond to demand volatility with increased supply chain agility.
Homegrown solutions and Excel.
Success Factors — 3 reasons why o9 was selected
- Platform flexibility and cutting-edge technology enabling ongoing improvements as opportunities are identified.
- Industry and transformation expertise is to be a key partner in the Digital Value Chain (DVC) initiatives long term.
- Advanced supply chain modeling capabilities, supply chain solver, and Enterprise Knowledge Graph enabling a digital twin of the supply chain and robust scenario modeling.
- Rapidly identify timing challenges between product lead times and market closure.
- Postpone commitment decisions to procure fabric, lock color, size, and destination.
- Simplify communications and work in a low-touch exception management digital environment.