Capitalize on volatility – Adopt a digital platform to mitigate risk and capture market opportunities
Common wood, pulp, paper & packaging
challenges by role
- “We see significant shifts in our mix between wholesalers, lumber yards, construction companies, furniture makers, and lumber retailers”
- “We have limited visibility to Marketing, & Price Changes – Extremely manual processes”
- “Managing unique seasonality and product variances across my areas is very challenging”
- “We have limited CRM Opportunity pipeline visibility – Not systematized”
- “We are trying to build margins by producing customized products for particular uses”
- “Our leading demand drivers & indicators not being monitored systematically - creates surprises”
- “We have to manage a complex “push-pull” supply chain with highly variable yields”
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs”
- “Controlling logistics costs is a priority. Volatile fuel costs and disruptions threaten efficient operations and profitability.”
- “SKU Complexity - We are being asked to produce more customized products”
- “Our lumber supply and prices fluctuate sharply due to cyclical demand, acres planted, yield, and inventory levels”
- “Our crop production can vary from region to region and is highly volatile with climate change”
- “Inventories can be large and hard to manage, especially with our large kiln-drying facilities.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- “People Productivity – Most work is offline, with low adoption of systems of engagement”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that wood, pulp, paper & packaging clients are starting with
AI/ML Powered Forecasting and Demand Planning
Using market knowledge, unleash the potential of AI/ML forecasting to more accurately predict demand. By better linking demand and supply, shape demand to maximize both short-term and long-term revenues and margins.
Supply Chain Analytics, Planning & Control Tower
Respond to demand changes and supply disruptions across the supply chain in real-time thanks to advanced replanning capabilities, with what-if scenario evaluation. Drive extended visibility and collaboration with suppliers, wholesalers and retailers.
Bring Financial, Commercial and Supply Chain plans and forecasts together, evaluate revenue gap closure proposals, supply chain feasibility and cost scenarios, and make P&L optimal decisions – Run all IBP meetings on the system for better alignment, and greater accountability. Maximize profitability in volatile market conditions.
Revenue Growth Management
Revenue Analytics, Planning & Gap Closure
Create and manage commercial plans across products, markets and channels and close gaps-to-plan by aligning NPI, pricing, and growth initiatives with inventory and supply capabilities. Utilize real-time scenarios to manage commodity volatility.
Market & Supply Chain Data - Knowledge Foundation
Connect the dots across products, channels, customers, and markets. Leverage the vast amounts of data now available – e.g., Housing Starts, Commodity price leading indicators, customer trends, economic activity, etc. – to better understand your markets and customer demand drivers.