Trusted by leaders across industry verticals.
Capitalize on volatility – Adopt a digital platform to mitigate risk and capture market opportunities.
Common oil, gas, mining & utilities
challenges by role
- “We are producing a higher mix of specialty products like waxes, lubricants, and chemical feedstocks, products that generally have higher margins but adding complexity to our selling portfolio.”
- “We have limited visibility to NPI, Marketing, & Price Changes – Extremely manual processes.”
- “We have limited CRM Opportunity pipeline visibility – Not systematized.”
- “Many people are second guessing forecasts - Limited visibility and collaboration around assumptions.”
- “Ensuring supply of crude oil and spare parts to maximize uptime is a constant challenge.”
- “Our leading demand drivers & indicators are not being monitored systematically - Creates surprises.”
- “Our refineries must run continuously. Assuring an adequate supply of the right type of crude oil is crucial.”
- “We have Limited Visibility and Collaboration with our suppliers around constraints and disruptions.”
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs.”
- “Controlling logistics costs is a priority. Volatile costs and disruptions at ports threaten efficient operations and profitability.”
- “Our average refinery cost of crude oil is volatile: prices can change 50% within a year.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process.”
- “People Productivity – Most work is offline, with low adoption of systems of engagement.”
- “We have tight margins. Low net profit margins in refining operations, combined with the high debt levels are typical in our capital-intensive industry.”
- “Our S&OP is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain and highly ineffective meetings.”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that oil, gas, mining & utilities clients are starting with
AI/ML Powered Forecasting and Demand Planning
Using market knowledge, unleash the potential of AI/ML forecasting to more accurately predict demand. By better linking demand and supply, shape demand to maximize both short-term and long-term revenues and margins.
Supply Chain Analytics, Planning & Control Tower
Respond to demand changes and supply disruptions across the multi-tier SC in real-time thanks to advanced replanning capabilities, with what-if scenario evaluation. Leverage predictive IoT signals and spare parts inventory optimization to mitigate supply chain risk. Enable extended visibility and collaboration with suppliers.
Bring Financial, Commercial and Supply Chain plans and forecasts together, evaluate revenue gap closure proposals, supply chain feasibility and cost scenarios, and make P&L optimal decisions – Run all IBP meetings on the system for better alignment, and greater accountability. Maximize profitability in volatile market conditions.
Revenue Growth Management
Revenue Analytics, Planning & Gap Closure
Create and manage commercial plans across products, markets and channels and close gaps-to-plan by aligning NPI, pricing, and growth initiatives with inventory and supply capabilities. Utilize real-time scenarios to manage commodity volatility.
Market & Supply Chain Data - Knowledge Foundation
Connect the dots across products, channels, customers, and markets. Leverage the vast amounts of data now available – e.g., Commodity price leading indicators, mobility data, customer trends, economic activity, etc. – to better understand your markets and customer demand drivers.