Create a visible and efficient supply chain to the point of the patient.
Common medical supplies
challenges by role
- “Product allocations driven by the pandemic have stressed relationships”
- “I’m selling a large portfolio –exceptions only please!”
- “Heavy regulation and political pressure on pricing impacting selling approach”
- “Our leading demand drivers & indicators not being monitored systematically - Creates surprises”
- “We need better collaboration and data with downstream customers to anticipate their needs”
- “Managing product expiration and cold chain logistics requirements is becoming more complex.”
- “Severe supply chain blocks caused by significant decreases in air cargo capacity, sea freight, and transport logistics.”
- “Allocation of constrained supply is often contentious and sub-optimal”
- “Historical shipment signals are not good predictors for our future demand”
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs”
- Lack of visibility to anticipate and simulate scenarios and react fast to change
- “We cannot answer management what-if questions in real time”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- “We have a reduced pool of suppliers from which we can purchase products and thus reduced bargaining power.”
- “We struggle to hold the optimal amount of inventory with changing demand and obsolescence risk”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that medical supplies clients are starting with
AI/ML Powered Forecasting and Demand Planning
Using market knowledge, unleash the potential of AI/ML forecasting to more accurately predict demand. By better linking demand and supply, shape demand to maximize both short-term and long-term revenues and margins. ML techniques that leverage external demand signals such as epidemiological & demographic data can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Supply Chain Analytics, Planning & Control Tower
Respond to demand changes and supply disruptions across the multi-tier SC in real-time thanks to advanced replanning capabilities, Inventory Optimization, with what-if scenario evaluation. Model the end-to-end network including suppliers, manufacturing, distribution, and end customers to improve on-time delivery and asset efficiency while reducing operating costs.
Bring Financial, Commercial and Supply Chain plans and forecasts together, evaluate revenue gap closure proposals, supply chain feasibility and cost scenarios, and make P&L optimal decisions – Run all IBP meetings on the system for better alignment, and greater accountability. Maximize profitability in volatile market conditions.
Revenue Growth Management
Revenue Analytics, Planning & Gap Closure
Create and manage commercial plans across products, markets, channels and close gaps-to-plan by aligning NPI, pricing, and growth initiatives with inventory and supply capabilities.
Market & Supply Chain Data - Knowledge Foundation
Connect the dots across products, channels, customers, and markets. Leverage the vast amounts of data now available – e.g., epidemiological leading indicators, mobility data, patient health trends, ILF Data, etc. to better understand your markets and key demand drivers.