Trusted by leaders across industry verticals.
Accelerate innovation and manage supply chain risk for positive patient outcomes.
Common medical devices
challenges by role
- “Pandemic risk management is delaying non-critical procedures”
- “Negotiations are tougher because of consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure”
- “Many people are second guessing forecasts - Limited visibility and collaboration around assumptions”
- “Developing emerging nation infrastructure creates a demand for life science products in different markets”
- “Heavy regulation and political pressure on pricing impacting selling approach”
- “Difficulty managing inventory in across multi-tier supply chain (MFG Sterilization, CDC’s, regional DCs, Hospitals)”
- “We have Limited Visibility and Collaboration with Tier 1, 2 Suppliers around Constraints”
- “We have small production runs, much of the work is labor-intensive, prompting production moves to lower cost countries such as Ireland, Mexico, and China.”
- “We have difficulty sensing end patient demand”
- “We have constraints not adequately modeled in the Planning System – Execution deviates from plan”
- ”Our medical device manufacturing is highly specialized, and rapid industry innovation is greatly increasing risk of obsolescence”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- Consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure
- “Our S&OP is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain and highly ineffective meetings”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that medical devices clients are starting with
AI/ML Powered Forecasting and Demand Planning
Using market knowledge, unleash the potential of AI/ML forecasting to more accurately predict demand. By better linking demand and supply, shape demand to maximize both short-term and long-term revenues and margins. ML techniques that leverage external demand signals such as epidemiological & demographic data can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Supply Chain Analytics, Planning & Control Tower
Respond to demand changes and supply disruptions across the multi-tier SC in real-time thanks to advanced replanning capabilities, with what-if scenario evaluation. Model the end-to-end network including suppliers, manufacturing, distribution, and end customers to improve on-time delivery and asset efficiency while reducing operating costs.
Bring Financial, Commercial and Supply Chain plans and forecasts together, evaluate revenue gap closure proposals, supply chain feasibility and cost scenarios, and make P&L optimal decisions – Run all IBP meetings on the system for better alignment, and greater accountability. Maximize profitability in volatile market conditions.
Revenue Growth Management
Revenue Analytics, Planning & Gap Closure
Create and manage commercial plans across products, markets, channels and close gaps-to-plan by aligning NPI, pricing, and growth initiatives with inventory and supply capabilities.
Market & Supply Chain Data - Knowledge Foundation
Connect the dots across products, channels, customers, and markets. Leverage the vast amounts of data now available – e.g., epidemiological leading indicators, mobility data, patient health trends, ILF Data, etc. to better understand your markets and key demand drivers.