Trusted by leaders across industry verticals
Why is the o9 Digital Brain the platform every Capital goods Manufacturing company needs?
Are your slow and siloed planning capabilities preventing you from detecting market changes, forecasting demand accurately, and driving integrated commercial, supply chain and financial plans and decisions at the speed and scale needed to compete in the digital age?
Accelerate digital transformation to achieve new levels of efficiency, resilience, and quality.
Go Digital: Supply chain transformation in the Capital Goods industry
Download this o9-Genpact white paper to understand how digital supply chain transformation is offering modern solutions to typical challenges within the Capital Goods industry.
Common capital goods manufacturing
challenges by role
- “Demand for our products can drop rapidly, especially during periods of slow or declining economic growth”
- “Rapid Innovation challenge- Our products have become more complex, largely because computerized sensors and controls have been added.”
- “Product life cycles are getting compressed.”
- “Massive volumes of customer, supplier, factory, and market data available but not being used effectively to drive decisions and business results”
- “We have a lack of collaboration between various links in the supply chain, causing poor insights, and poor inventory & service performance”
- “Enabling smart factory planning advancements in machinery include intelligent, autonomous "smart machines" creating massive amounts of data.”
- “We have supply chain master data challenges”
- “We have constraints not adequately modeled in the planning system – Execution deviates from the plan”
- “Slow, siloed planning processes without a clear view on constraints lead to alignment gap between planning, finance and operations execution”
- “Increasing volatility of raw material and commodity costs. Costs for raw materials like aluminum, steel, copper, and plastics can fluctuate sharply from year to year impacting margins.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- “Capturing emerging market growth is a priority as demand in developed countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan is expected to drive the market.”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that capital goods manufacturing clients are starting with
AI/ML Powered Forecasting and Demand Planning
Using market knowledge, unleash the potential of AI/ML forecasting to more accurately predict demand. By better linking demand and supply, shape demand to maximize both short-term and long-term revenues and margins.
Supply Chain Analytics, Planning & Control Tower
Respond to demand changes and supply disruptions across the multi-tier SC in real-time thanks to advanced replanning capabilities, with what-if scenario evaluation. Leverage predictive IoT signals and spare parts inventory optimization to mitigate supply chain risk. Enable extended visibility and collaboration with suppliers.
Bring Financial, Commercial and Supply Chain plans and forecasts together, evaluate revenue gap closure proposals, supply chain feasibility and cost scenarios, and make P&L optimal decisions – Run all IBP meetings on the system for better alignment, and greater accountability. Maximize profitability in volatile market conditions.
Revenue Growth Management
Revenue Analytics, Planning & Gap Closure
Create and manage commercial plans across products, markets, channels and close gaps-to-plan by aligning NPI, pricing, and growth initiatives with inventory and supply capabilities. Utilize real-time scenarios to manage commodity volatility.
Market & Supply Chain Data - Knowledge Foundation
Connect the dots across products, channels, customers, and markets. Leverage the vast amounts of data now available – e.g., Commodity price leading indicators, mobility data, Dealer sales trends, economic activity, etc. – to better understand your markets and customer demand drivers.
Trusted by the world’s leading companies
"We are seeing about a 50% scrap reduction. And that is driven by the fact that we have a line of sight now to our customer forecasts, and we're making decisions to avoid bringing in excess inventory or inventory we don't need."
Global Supply Chain Manager
"Cross functional planning is nothing without cross functional execution. o9 provides a data driven, collaborative world where real trade off decisions are made to optimize company outcomes."
Former CEO of CROSSMARK
"Our goal is to achieve 80% of touchless operations. What we mean by that is taking away a lot of the manual operations, enabling automation [...] Through the work with o9, we've eliminated them, and now these manual operations are mostly a thing of the past."
Head of Technical Programs
"The o9 platform makes our decision-making much faster. It’s also giving us a better and deeper understanding of the analytics, the cost of decisions, and now when we make those decisions, there’s a much higher degree of confidence that we actually execute."
Director of S&OP
"So with IBP, what we are achieving now is one single source of truth. Everyone aligns behind one number, with the ultimate accountability for IBP being the general manager. So you take the power out of the functions and give it to the general manager to run the business as they see fit, which is unbelievable."
Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer