Capitalize on volatility – Adopt a digital platform to mitigate risk and capture market opportunities.
Common oil, gas, mining & utilities
problems by role
- “Ensuring supply of crude oil and spare parts to maximize uptime is a constant challenge.”
- “Our leading demand drivers & indicators are not being monitored systematically - Creates surprises.”
- “Our refineries must run continuously. Assuring an adequate supply of the right type of crude oil is crucial.”
- “We have Limited Visibility and Collaboration with our suppliers around constraints and disruptions.”
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs.”
- “Controlling logistics costs is a priority. Volatile costs and disruptions at ports threaten efficient operations and profitability.”
- “We are producing a higher mix of specialty products like waxes, lubricants, and chemical feedstocks, products that generally have higher margins but adding complexity to our selling portfolio.”
- “We have limited visibility to NPI, Marketing, & Price Changes – Extremely manual processes.”
- “We have limited CRM Opportunity pipeline visibility – Not systematized.”
- “Many people are second guessing forecasts - Limited visibility and collaboration around assumptions.”
- “Our average refinery cost of crude oil is volatile: prices can change 50% within a year.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process.”
- “People Productivity – Most work is offline, with low adoption of systems of engagement.”
- “We have tight margins. Low net profit margins in refining operations, combined with the high debt levels are typical in our capital-intensive industry.”
- “Our S&OP is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain and highly ineffective meetings.”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that oil, gas, mining & utilities clients are starting with
Asset intensive industries can lose millions in revenue every hour if production goes down. Predictive IoT signals and spare parts inventory management can lower risk.
Sense & forecast demand
ML techniques that leverage external demand signals can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Digital Supplier Collaboration
Manage uncertain supply & suppliers
Establish a collaborative platform with your upstream supply base. Provide reliable procurement signals and gain early constraint visibility.
Supply Chain Control Tower
Enable Predictive Visibility
Capture real-time visibility of inventory, transportation, and network assets to sense disruptions and opportunities earlier and make decisions faster.
Integrated Business Planning
Deliver your financial commitments
Make better decisions that respect supply chain constraints, deliver revenue growth, and mitigate financial plan gaps.