Accelerate innovation and manage supply chain risk for positive patient outcomes.
Common medical devices
problems by role
- “Difficulty managing inventory in across multi-tier supply chain (MFG Sterilization, CDC’s, regional DCs, Hospitals)”
- “We have Limited Visibility and Collaboration with Tier 1, 2 Suppliers around Constraints”
- “We have small production runs, much of the work is labor-intensive, prompting production moves to lower cost countries such as Ireland, Mexico, and China.”
- “We have difficulty sensing end patient demand”
- “We have constraints not adequately modeled in the Planning System – Execution deviates from plan”
- “Pandemic risk management is delaying non-critical procedures”
- “Negotiations are tougher because of consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure”
- “Many people are second guessing forecasts - Limited visibility and collaboration around assumptions”
- “Developing emerging nation infrastructure creates a demand for life science products in different markets”
- “Heavy regulation and political pressure on pricing impacting selling approach”
- ”Our medical device manufacturing is highly specialized, and rapid industry innovation is greatly increasing risk of obsolescence”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- Consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure
- “Our S&OP is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain and highly ineffective meetings”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that medical devices clients are starting with
Supply Chain Planning
Connect inventory, distribution & manufacturing
Model the end-to-end network including suppliers, manufacturing,distribution, and end customers to improve on-time delivery and asset efficiency while reducing operating costs
Sense & forecast demand
ML techniques that leverage external demand signals such as epidemiological & demographic data can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Supply Chain Master Planning
Create optimized end to end supply and demand plans that account for complex multi-tier channels, products and planned product innovations
Integrate Business Plans
Create and manage revenue plans across products, markets and channels and close gaps to plan by aligning Innovation, Pricing, Marketing, and Distribution activities and resources to deliver market needs.
Digital Supplier Collaboration
Procurement & supplier collaboration
Automatically generate procurement plans that meet your target cost and service objectives. Extend collaboration to suppliers to improve visibility to potential disruptions and collaborate on mitigation activities.