Transform customer centric operations, accelerate innovation, and improve patient outcomes.
Common life sciences
problems by role
- “We have difficulty managing inventory across multi-tier supply chain”
- “Variability from upstream suppliers are creating excess buffers"
- “We have difficulty sensing end patient demand"
- “Our statistical forecasting is driving a decline in forecast accuracy"
- “Different packaging requirements by region create SKU complexity"
- “Demand volatility driven by uncertain/expected government tenders"
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs"
- “Negotiations are tougher because of consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure”
- “Many people are second guessing forecasts - Limited visibility and collaboration around assumptions”
- “Developing emerging nation infrastructure creates a demand for life science products in different markets”
- “Heavy regulation and political pressure on pricing impacting selling approach”
- “Sometimes I don’t know what Marketing has planned for my region/area and why.”
- “Our margin pressure is rising: Private insurers and government programs must limit payments for many medical treatments due to increasing health care costs."
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process"
- “Consolidation: hospitals, doctors groups, clinics, purchasing groups, and MCOs buy in bulk at lower costs and apply margin pressure"
- “Our S&OP is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain and highly ineffective meetings"
- “Long and uncertain clinical trial periods are requiring significant R&D investment"
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that life sciences clients are starting with
Supply Chain Planning
Connect inventory, distribution & manufacturing
Model the end-to-end network including suppliers, manufacturing,distribution, and end customers to improve on-time delivery and asset efficiency while reducing operating costs
Sense & forecast demand
ML techniques that leverage external demand signals such as epidemiological & demographic data can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Supply Chain Master Planning
Create optimized end to end supply and demand plans that account for complex multi-tier channels, products and planned product innovations
Integrate Business Plans
Create and manage revenue plans across products, markets and channels and close gaps to plan by aligning Innovation, Pricing, Marketing, and Distribution activities and resources to deliver market needs.
Digital Supplier Collaboration
Procurement & supplier collaboration
Automatically generate procurement plans that meet your target cost and service objectives. Extend collaboration to suppliers to improve visibility to potential disruptions and collaborate on mitigation activities.