Capitalize on volatility – Adopt a digital platform to mitigate risk and capture market opportunities
Common wood, pulp, paper & packaging
problems by role
- “Our leading demand drivers & indicators not being monitored systematically - creates surprises”
- “We have to manage a complex “push-pull” supply chain with highly variable yields”
- “Our batch planning systems are not providing real-time answers to demand and supply change what-ifs”
- “Controlling logistics costs is a priority. Volatile fuel costs and disruptions threaten efficient operations and profitability.”
- “SKU Complexity - We are being asked to produce more customized products”
- “We see significant shifts in our mix between wholesalers, lumber yards, construction companies, furniture makers, and lumber retailers”
- “We have limited visibility to Marketing, & Price Changes – Extremely manual processes”
- “Managing unique seasonality and product variances across my areas is very challenging”
- “We have limited CRM Opportunity pipeline visibility – Not systematized”
- “We are trying to build margins by producing customized products for particular uses”
- “Our lumber supply and prices fluctuate sharply due to cyclical demand, acres planted, yield, and inventory levels”
- “Our crop production can vary from region to region and is highly volatile with climate change”
- “Inventories can be large and hard to manage, especially with our large kiln-drying facilities.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process”
- “People Productivity – Most work is offline, with low adoption of systems of engagement”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that wood, pulp, paper & packaging clients are starting with
Know your Market
Understand what is driving purchasing patterns, key consumer demographic profiles and leading indicators of purchase intention.
Sense & forecast demand
ML techniques that leverage external demand signals can dramatically improve accuracy, grow sales and margin.
Digital Supplier Collaboration
Manage uncertain supply & suppliers
Establish a collaborative platform with your upstream supply base. Provide reliable procurement signals and gain early constraint visibility.
Supply Chain Control Tower
Enable Predictive Visibility
Capture real-time visibility of inventory, transportation, and network assets to sense disruptions and opportunities earlier and make decisions faster.
Integrated Business Planning
Deliver your financial commitments
Make better decisions that respect supply chain constraints, deliver revenue growth, and mitigate financial plan gaps.