Consumer demands are evolving. Make integrated decisions that are better and faster to drive growth.
Common apparel & footwear
problems by role
- “There is complex coordination between different actors, where often the manufacturing is not owned by our brand.”
- “We have a lack of collaboration and visibility between various links in the supply chain, causing poor insights into SKU levels leading to over/under stocks.”
- “Allocation of constrained supply is often contentious and sub-optimal.”
- “We have store footprint rationalization due to consumer demand shifts to e-commerce.”
- “We are seeing significant shifts in demand across channels and products that are hard to forecast."
- “Managing unique seasonality and SKU variances across my regions is challenging.”
- “I have difficulty matching products with changing consumer behavior, trends (e.g. casualization and choices).”
- “I have to launch an increasing number of new and personalized items.”
- “Massive volumes of customer, supplier, product, and market data are available but not being used effectively to drive decisions and business results.”
- “Our market visit reports are all on email – no way to reference them systematically.”
- “We have limited Visibility to NPI, Marketing, Promotion & Price Changes – Extremely manual processes.”
- “Proliferation of product offers due to new collection launches, are resulting in higher inventory in the store.”
- “Slow, siloed planning processes without clear view on constraints lead to alignment gap between planning, finance and operations execution."
- “Increasing volatility of raw material and commodity costs are creating headwinds.”
- “Our S&OP process is conducted on PowerPoint – A big productivity drain driving highly ineffective meetings.”
- “Our AOP /finance process is disconnected from the rolling forecasts of our S&OP process.”
- “Our growth return on marketing/trade spend is not meeting expectations.”
Aim big, start small, iterate rapidly.
Top 5 quick-win o9 capabilities that apparel & footwear clients are starting with
Know your customer
Understand what is driving purchasing patterns, key consumer demographic profiles and leading indicators of purchase intention.
Merchandise Financial Planning
Connect strategy to execution
Align all financial, strategic, Top-down, Middle-Out and Bottom-Up planning processes to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy.
Optimize inventory across all channels
Utilize advanced allocation and optimization techniques to proactively position inventory to service demand.
Supply Chain Control Tower
Respond to rapidly changing demands
Take proactive actions to resolve unexpected network bottlenecks, supply shortages and demand disruptions.
Digital Supplier Collaboration
Collaborate virtually with suppliers
Establish a collaborative platform with your upstream supply base. Provide reliable procurement signals and gain early constraint visibility.