A CEO’s Perspective on the Supply Chain Crisis with Beda Bolzenius
McKinsey projects that “worldwide demand for electric vehicles (EVs) will grow sixfold from 2021 through 2030, with annual unit sales going from 6.5 million to roughly 40 million over that period.”
This level of growth calls for a massive amount of innovation and investment in the automotive industry. With new regulations, emerging technologies, and shifting consumer preferences, industry leaders must be ready for what is to come. From the rupture of the past two years, supply chain crisis after supply chain crisis, and the stubborn semiconductor issue, what can the automotive industry learn from the recent past to find success in the future?
In this episode of Masters of Digital Transformation, host Caleb Masters is joined by Beda Bolzenius, former President and CEO of Marelli, and they discuss:
- The shift from global to regional focus in automotive manufacturing during the supply chain crisis,
- The lead time production hangover from the pandemic,
- The inherent need for data and the software with the capacity to digest it and turn it into actionable insights,
- The importance of transparency across an organization’s supply chain,
- The need to be agile and prepare for future incoming disruptions,
- And a final call for optimism for the automotive industry: disruption leads to innovation.
To learn more about this topic, read the o9 Blog, “Key capabilities automotive OEMs and suppliers will need.”
- Weekly update of new episodes
- Be the first to listen to new seasons
- Exclusive content for our registrants